Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Residency #1

I worked in the studio today. I began my black and white series called 63 trees. To view the work paste in the url address into your browser: http://melissachandon.com/Residency1-Trees.htm

I am going to meet with my mentor today. I have the good fortune of being able to work with Tom Holland. When I Googled Tom here is what Ask/ART has to say, "abstract painter Thomas Holland was born in 1936 and settled in the Bay Area of California. His works are not associated with any particular movement or artistic group, but space, color, and form are common themes surrounding his often geometric works. His materials and mediums are varied -- fiberglass, aluminum, epoxy paint, paper, and marble transforming and constructing these materials into multi-dimensional objects such as free standing structures or wall reliefs."